If you're a hardworking slinger of inker and pusher of pixels in this day and age, you may have had to rely on the handout art of others to make that blog post work. And, upon trying to open said jpeg, it may have opened with an unexpected blue cast to it.
I won't get into what causes it (because I don't know, except that it has to do with file size), but here's the quickest fix I've found:
1) Open the photo using Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
2) Go to the Picture drop-down menu, choose Compress Pictures (on mine it's the very last choice).
3) On the right-hand side, click the Web pages radio button (second from the bottom choice).
4) Just above the OK button, you should see an estimated file size, indicating it's been compressed from something ginormous to something less so. Click the OK button.
5) Save the file (I always choose "Save As" so the original file is preserved -- just as a safety precaution).
And there you have it. Your picture as pretty as a ... picture.