Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Fifty-Two

Me sporting a tricorne (left), property of  nephew Preston McClary (right).
Day Fifty-Two / Hat Fifty-Two: Revolutionary War style black felt tricorne with metal snaps. Loaned from the personal collection of nephew Preston Douglas McClary (pictured above right) on the occasion of his 17th birthday.

According to Preston, he acquired the hat at the end of his seventh-grade year (he's about to enter his junior year this fall) which included a unit on Revolutionary War history. Preston expressed his interest in the hat to his teacher who, at the end of the academic year, traded him his own tricorne for a jar of Preston's artisanal wildflower honey. (Is this kid related to me or what?)

Preston brought the hat south from Burlington  as I headed north from Manchester and we met at Fort Ticonderoga, New York, (slogans include: "Two wars, five battles, one fort," and "America's Fort,.") where we and his mom (sister Sue) spent the day checking out the fort, which happens to be one of my favorite historical sites.

ALSO:
PC 51: Baby Goes Babushka
PC 47: Spencer Picks the Day's Lid
PC 14: I, I, I Want to be a Lifeguard

No comments: