Friday, June 14, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Nineteen

Day Nineteen / Hat Nineteen: White, Ecuadoran-made Panama hat by Borsalino with inner tag that reads "100% paglia" (that's "straw" in Italian folks) and brown grosgrain hatband. I purchased this hat at the Borsalino boutique at Galleria Vittorio Emanuele near my hotel in Milan during my very first trip to cover the men's runway shows for the paper in 2007.

Although it's probably one of my favorites, it doesn't get worn so much. It its the hat that appears in my various and assorted thumbnail photos though, since it seems very reporter-like. Every time I wear it I feel like I should be chomping on a cigar, picking up the handset of an old-school rotary phone and bellowing: "Get me rewrite!"
The shirt is one of my favorites too -- it's a California-themed Reyn Spooner aloha shirt -- it being Friday and all.

Related:
Project Cubbins: Hat Twelve
Project Cubbins: Hat Eighteen
Helpful hint: make a man's hat fit better - with Velcro

No comments: