Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 381 - Behind the Veil Edition

Day 381 / Hat 381: Black stretch jersey knit cap with dotted birdcage veil held in place with two vintage buttons (also black). Interior label reads: "EugeniaWoods.com."

Plucked specifically for the Project by the Bride from her extensive headwear archive. "I don't remember when I got," she said, "all I remember is that it I think it was kind of a knockoff of something someone else was doing at the time."

She says she bought it via Etsy which has an entry for a Black Veiled Beanie described as 95% cotton and 5% Spandex and describes the label as a small, woman-owned business. It concludes: "We incorporate vintage and modern fabrics with lush leathers. All items sourced within the US and all our lovely items are handmade from sunny Florida!"

I'm not quite sure what I'd make of this if I saw it out in the wild, but for purposes of the Project, I'm lifting the veil and offering a resounding "I do!"

You may now kiss the bride ...

Related:
PC 281: Turban Cowboy
PC 181: Head Full of Hound's Teeth
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1

No comments: