Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 465: Vermont Buff Edition


Day 465: Hat 465: Polyester piece of "multifunctional headwear" by Buff printed with green and white Vermont theme that includes outline of the state and an illustration of the Vermont State Seal that reads: "Freedom & Unity." (Did you know that the State Seal Pine tree was in Arlington, Vermont? Or that it blew down the day I got my braces off? I bet you did not.)


One of the two "safety hats" I brought with me to NYFW, I chose this one for today's installment due to the fact that Vermont (specifically my family that resides therein) has been very much on my mind today. (And no, it's not my first Buff - that was PC 51.)

But as the sun has rise and set on another day in the Green Mountain State, the outlook is as good as the air is crisp and everything back in the 802 seems to be adding up just right.

A hale and hearty hat-tip to all the Tschorn clan -- by blood or bond -- you're deep in my heart and on the top of my mind every minute of every day.

Forward!

Related:
PC 218: State Traditions
PC 195: Flannel State of Mind
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins (It's Hat 100!)

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1

No comments: