Monday, October 06, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 498 - Topshelf Thakoon Edition


Day 498 / Hat 498: White, woven straw fedora with subtly geometrically pleated unfinished brim, blue grosgrain ribbon hatband detail and brown interior sweatband lining. Interior tags read: "Thakoon" and "Albertus." That would as in Albertus Q. Swanepoel the South African born milliner and frequent collaborator with sells his own label as well as not infrequent collaborations with other fashion designers (such as Thakoon in the above confection).

While not as much of an over-the-top topper as some in the last handful of hats, this one deserves special merit for escaping my lid-grubbing ways over the last 496 days. I found in cowering in a white hatbox on the top shelf in the farthest reaches of the Bride's closet. (That's it in its natural habitat at right.)

How could it have survived this long? I know not. What I do know is that I've searched high and low across the many entries over the last year and a half and don't see it recorded, logged or cataloged anywhere.

It'd be unconscionable if I were to let a lid living in my own home escape my clutches. So, with this natty Thakoon lid locked down, that means thee are just two last hats to throw into the ring.

I hope you're as excited as I am to see what they are ...


Related:
PC 398: Victory Presses
PC 198: Recalled Rykiel
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1.

No comments: