Friday, July 18, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 418 - My Favorite Minion Edition


Day 418 / Hat 418: Yellow cotton baseball-style cap with photo-printed Minion eyes on front outlined in gray embroidery. Additional details include black screen-printed eyebrows, black grosgrain ribbon "goggle strap" that goes all the way around the hat and a photo-printed Minion mouth on the bill of the hat. 

One interior tag reads: "Despicable Me, Minion made," and another indicates the hat came from Target and was second quarter 2014 merchandise.

My favorite minion, Carter Dunlop.
"Another Minion lid?" I hear you asking (because you remember PC 179 so distinctly, what with the lemon in my mouth) Yes, but this is not only a totally different piece of Minion-themed headgear, it happens to belong to my favorite l'il minion -- great-nephew Carter Dunlop. I spotted him sporting it in recent Facebook photo and knew it needed to be featured.

His mom, my niece Chelsea, included the following note: "I tried to clean the toddler 'my fingers are eternally sticky and dirty' stains off the brim. Maybe you can include a "how to properly clean baseball caps" segment with this picture."

My go-to response for that would be to recommend the Ball Cap Buddy though in the case of a hat like this it might actually do more harm than good as I envision the washing process might result in wiping the smile right off this particular Minion's face. (And yes, I'm trying to make my best Minion mouth in the above photo.)

At any rate, Carter gets today's hat-tip with the assist going to his mom for sending it along. (I presume she had to help him since he's not yet tall enough to reach the mailbox by himself).


Related:
PC 118: Smiley Faces
PC 318: Tarnish Topper
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1. 

No comments: