Saturday, September 20, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 482 - Deep End of the Pool Edition


Day 482 / Hat 482: Black fabric three-panel swim cap with Speedo name and logo in white. Interior tag reads: "Speedo, RN#54934, 82% nylon, 18% Lycra Elastane." Reverse side of tag hincludes som trademark-related gibbersih and "Speedo America, a division of Warnaco Swimwear Inc., made in China." 

Sourced from the Bride's headgear vault and accessorized with a pair of her blue Speedo swim goggles. If you're a keen follower of the Project you might think I've dropped the ball or flipped my lid or accidentally duped (as in duplicated) myself -- remembering as you do PC 248. Yes, 'twas indeed a Speedo swim cap - black even - but that was latex number and this one is a nylon/elastane blend. Rules are rules ...

I did not choose this wholly at random either as the last few days have left me feeling very out-to-sea / underwater / in-over-my-head /stuck in the deep end of a very deep pool. I know in my heart of hearts that if I can keep my head in this game for 500 consecutive days - as it appears at this point that I almost certainly will - there's no reason why I can't buckle down and tackle the rest with a similar intestinal fortitude. 

Just gotta breathe deep and plunge right in -- with any luck I'll come up arcing gracefully, toes pointing skyward just like they do in the dive I perfected at All Pine over the summer. (If you were there you know exactly what I mean ...)  


Related:   
PC 382: Love Your Melon
PC 182: Turkey in the Juniper
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1.

No comments: