Thursday, September 04, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 466 - Grungy Gentleman Reporter Edition


Day 466 / Hat 466: Black acrylic knit cap with wide white stripe and two thin gray contrast stripes. Additional detail includes small, gray embroidery that reads "Mitchell & Ness." It's a collaborative cap between that brand and Grungy Gentleman, a lifestyle blog turned fashion line that made its runway debut at New York Fashion Week tonight.

I'll be writing more about the Grungy Gentleman line when I put my work hat on (it doesn't look like this one), but I borrowed this particular one from the ever-lovely  Nic Screws (whom I remember from her Esquire days) who was helping out backstage before the show (if I heard correctly she styled the show). Nic even gets the photo credit on this one.

"You look good in a beanie," Nic said after indulging my whimsical pursuit. 

"Must be the rural winter in me," I thought to myself.

So a hat-tip to the GG and the assist to NS.

Oh, and if you think you'd look good in one (neither grunginess nor gentlemanliness required) you can pick one up here.


Related:
PC 366: Backward Hard Hat
PC 166: Floppy Friday
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1

No comments: