Sunday, July 21, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Fifty-Six

Day Fifty-Six / Hat Fifty-Six: Black, cotton, made-in-the-U.S.A. baseball-style cap with multi-color embroidered Hard Rock Cafe logo surrounded by the words: Save the Planet (above) and "Los Angeles" (below).

This hat was purchased during my first-ever trip to Los Angeles -- a cross-country train trip with my sainted mother back in 1989. (Although neither of us is 100% sure of the year off the top of our heads, the trip included a stop in the Twin Cities during which we saw a production of Voltaire's Candide. A quick web search reveals that Candide had a 1989-90 run at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis.)

The Hard Rock Cafe at which I purchased said hat is long gone now -- it was located at the corner of San Vicente and Beverly (a street-level anchor tenant of the Beverly Center), and I'm sure no one could have imagined that sixteen years later the Bride and I (whom I had yet to officially meet-cute) would purchase a home barely a mile away.

RELATED:
PC 55: Red, White and Fish
PC 20: Nothin' But Glacier
PC 9: Vermont '79 -- Where Were You?

No comments: