Friday, July 12, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Forty-Seven

Day Forty-Seven / Hat Forty-Seven: Gray baseball-style cap with multi-color embroidery that reads: "Vermont Mega Millions with Megaplier" and logo. The first (but probably not the last) hat from the DougTschorn series. Much of the collection can be seen in the center photo above, hanging in a place of honor beside his desk at the Wayside Country Store.

The aforementioned Doug is my father, so you can see the collecting of headgear is something that runs in the family. Speaking of running in the family, that's my sainted mother, Nancy, in the far right photo. L.A. folks might remember her as "the reindeer's mother" from Heather's holiday part of a few years back.

As for the provenance of the hat, dad tells me it was given to him by the "the Vermont Lottery Commission guy" and "about a year ago."

Why was this hat chosen? My godson nephew Spencer said: "That one." And the godfather delivered.

ALSO:

1 comment:

Canti~ said...

Did I ever tell you that my mother was sure you were going to be a minister when we were all little? I'm not sure what about this post reminded me of this, other than the term "godfather". Oh, the strangeness of random word associations!