Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 458 -- Orange / Carter Edition


Day 458 / Hat 458: Baseball-style cap of orange rip-stop Gore-Tex with "estrn mntn sprts" in tone-on-tone orange plastic. Interior tag reads: "estrn mntn sprts, Eastern Mountain Sports, made in Taiwan, one size, 100% nylon."

Stealth-snapped at the Eastern Mountain Sports on Dorset Street in South Burlington -- just across the street from where I worked as a bank teller early in my post-college career. My wing moppet today was my grand nephew* Carter and we chose this particular lid so that it would coordinate with his all-orange ensemble that consisted of orange cargo shorts and orange shirt with a green "doodlebug" design.

Carter and I logged some serious miles together in the car today and despite the vomiting (20 minutes in) and the tiny shoe to the side of my head (six hours and 20 minutes in) I think we had a good run of it. One of the things I realized today is that by the time he's my age it'll be 2059. (Go ahead, let it sink in)

A hat-tip to l'il Carter man. May you soon speak gloriously of hats and headgear -- and whatever else the future places atop our heads.

*There seems to be some discrepancy as to whether or not the son of my niece is technically my grand nephew (as referred to above) or my great nephew. At any rate he's my brother's daughter's kid. Feel free to figure it out yourself.

Related:
PC 358: Silver Birthday
PC 158: Masking Glory
A Year Ago Today in Project Cubbins

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which celebrated the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1

No comments: