Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Seventy-Three

Day Seventy-Three / Hat Seventy-Three: Lime green polar fleece cap with face tentacle details and red, diamond-shaped eyes.

Courtesy of the NC Series, I'll have to admit I have no clue what this creature is supposed to be, though the intern (who, by the way, is celebrating her penultimate day in the Baja Features cube farm today) immediately said "Davy Jones" -- referring to the character memorably portrayed by Bill Nighy in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie franchise.

While I can certainly see how she got there (the whole green-tentacles-where-the-nose-should-be thing) to me this lid is a whole lot less menacing. I'm thinking more along the lines of  Davy Jones meets Bashful (aka "Inky") from the Pac-Man video game.

Related:
PC 53: Pretty in (Vintage) Pink
PC 33: Playin' Chicken
PC 13: Fedora Afield

No comments: