Saturday, August 03, 2013

Project Cubbins: Hat Sixty-Nine

Day Sixty-Nine / Hat Sixty-Nine: Gray, 100% cotton, made-in-China, baseball-style cap with pink contrast stitching and pink screened heart and breast cancer support ribbon design on front.

A co-worker brought this by my desk for the Project and while I'm not a huge fan of the heart and ribbon design itself, I am partial to the color combination and the subtle use of the pink as an accent color (it is one of my favorite colors -- and the Bride's -- in case you haven't been able to tell from previous posts).

Now days anything and everything that either raises money for breast cancer research or shows support for breast cancer survivors tends to be so saturated in over-the-top bubblegum  pink, that by October (National Breast Cancer Awareness Month) store aisles start to remind me of Christo installations.



Related:
PC 68: Cone Head
PC 48: Plaid Cap
PC 28: Jäger Lid

No comments: