Thursday, January 09, 2014

Project Cubbins: Hat 228 - Wigging Out with a Hat Attack Edition

Day 228 / Hat 228: Beige/tan braided fiber hat with braided gold hatband and bow detail and interior beige grosgrain sweatband. Interior tag reads: " Hat Attack, New York."

Loaned to the Project from the Ingrid Schmidt Mother Lode of Millinery, I don't know a heck a lot about this hat -- besides that, based on my cyber-sleuthing I believe it to be this "Fine Braided Fedora with Gold Trim" from the label's website (though with a slightly different hatband cord).

There is no indication -- anywhere on the hat -- as to what the material used in the hat is, but based on my recent hat-related research it could be parasisal (though it actually feels softer and more pliable than that).

"Why the wig?" I could have sworn I heard you mutter under your breath. To date I've maintained a very strict no wig policy for the Project and in my heart of hearts "hats and headgear" are very different creatures from wigs and toupees. But since someone in the cube farm here at work brought up the question, I thought I'd seek input from those of you who read this far.

Anyone have a thought off the top of their head as to what should be on mine for the purposes of the Project goal of 500 hats?

Related:
PC 227: The Late, Great Outdoors
PC 226: I Ride, I Recycle, I Wear a Hat
PC 225: Big, Bad Mr. Bubble Player

Q: OK, nice hat -- but what exactly is Project Cubbins, anyway?

A: One man's homage to Dr. Seuss and his second book, "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins," which is celebrating the 75th anniversary of its publication in 2013, Project Cubbins is an attempt to document the wearing of a different hat or piece of headgear every day for 500 consecutive days. No do-aheads, no banking of hats, no retroactive entries. PC started on May 27, 2013 with Hat 1
Got hats? If you loan 'em, you'll get e'm back safe and sound!

No comments: